Please share your views by a like and comment on LinkedIN Article
The enterprise customers want transition to happen as quickly as possible—new technologies, programmes, and revenues. Simultaneously they need a system that is secure and free of outages and interruptions at the same time. As a result, businesses are faced with the dilemma of either delivering improvements rapidly and coping with an unpredictable production climate, or sustaining a steady yet outdated environment.
So DevOps is a culture to be indulged for meeting the changing requirement of customers, enterprises by initiating Developers and deployment administration to work together creating concept of one focus for business users, developers, test engineers, security engineers, system administration designing highly automated workflow with a shared focus: rapid delivery of high-quality software that meets all user requirements while maintaining the integrity and stability of the entire system.
Real need of DevOps in today's time:
Today’s customer’s prospective of a product expectation depends on varying factors i.e high performance yielding, automation, software deployment frequency, reliability, real time automatic testing, continuous integration process and adaptability.
The shift paradigm to DevOps became more desperate due to outbreak of the pandemic COVID19. People could not go to workplace and due to dependency on data because of existing pipeline work culture delivery, testing, development were stopped. So, more and more businesses are now turning towards the adoption of a DevOps culture with a shared focus for designing highly process automation workflow with fast delivery of high-quality applications that addresses all user needs while preserving the system's sustainability.
Through DevOps culture system the organisation can facilitate:
• Virtual environment curbing dependencies of resources.
• Virtual platform for product development and deployment frequently with speed.
• Transition to active responsive bidirectional networking.
• Integrate feedback and increase responsiveness into the work, measuring everything that is moved into production facilitating automation.
• Better resource management - Share the data with everyone involved to foster a more effective culture of working well together across different skills and specialization.
• Waste reduction through maintenance and auto upgradation.
• Smart and stable business with pace for innovations: Opting DevOps culture enhances the development speed maintained with frequent deployment minimising error. Continuous integration servers automate the testing of code, reducing the amount of time spent on manual labour. End product has stable operating environment hence efficiency increases and leads to further smart innovations.
STATICS OF DEVOPS USAGE IN TODAY’S SCENERIO: DevOps is becoming an inevitable culture for several businesses:
Source: Global Market Insights, Inc
Implementation of DevOps in business:
The design of computing has changed over the last decade as a result of the proliferation of Web, tablet, and IoT applications. There are 1.5 million applications in the Apple App Store (which launched in June 2008) and 1.8 million in the Google Appstore. (opened in December 2009). With the shift to app-based value delivery to customers, software has become increasingly componentized and architected with service-oriented models in mind. Obtaining the technical benefits of re-architecting applications to allow for faster, more feature-rich delivery is, unfortunately, very expensive and time-consuming.
Source: Implementation strategy tools collaboration in Veritis
Obstacles in implementing DevOps culture:
• Transformations and management of the cultural changes inside an organization. Strong leadership using five dimensions (vision, intellectual stimulation, inspirational communication, supportive leadership, and personal recognition) to inspire and guide implementation.
• As solutions for each organization is custom. Each one should adopt and adapt its own approach to realize Dev Ops success.
• DevOps implementation should take a comprehensive approach that includes automation (including tools and architecture), operation, and culture. Information in the form of a T -shaped knowledge, with the top portion of the "T" representing basic understanding and the stem of the T representing thorough knowledge in one field of interest.
This enables people to comprehend how their jobs can impact and communicate with various aspects of technology for the transition to DevOps.
The practice of DevOps in enterprises has sustain effectiveness and continuously improving. Some case studies to show the real adaptation of DevOps culture and their growth as follows:
Organisational DevOps Maturity model:
Source: DevOps - The Future of Application Lifecycle Automation, A Capgemini Architecture Whitepaper – 2nd Edition.
A maturity model Approach:
• Sort out the pitfalls in the delivery process.
• Analyse the actual capacity of maturity model.
• To assess priorities, build interactive map of capacity gaps and progress zones.
• Create a framework with goals and deadlines for completion.
What the DevOps Maturity Assessment model will do for you?
• Unlocks the ability to comprehend DevOps sophistication from both a customer and a service provider's viewpoint in relation to the DevOps process.
• Builds up straightforward roadmap projects to advance DevOps technologies and environments to the next level of maturity and enable the adoption of desirable utilisation.
• Automated security checks, bug fixes, and build alerts are all integrated before things move to production and deployment
Based on the facts I have designed above DevOps maturity model. Where the driving factor should be the Mindset to adopt DevOps culture and gain maturity against the gaps in handshake process between Development and Operation.
DevOps is a culture, a visionary mindset to be explored continuously creating a revolutionary effective impact in different sector of business.
• Teaming data scientist and DevOps: A new transition with the concept of DevOps + Data Science opts to DataOps. A DevOps approach powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) enables organisations to approximate and scrutinise data of any size and scale.
• Devsecops: COVID-19 has developed a global remote work environment, exposing security vulnerabilities. With the rise of security and cyberattack attacks, it's more important than ever to incorporate security into all aspects of business operations.
• Virtual Platform: Virtual Platform enables DevOps & Microservices architecture saving cost, time, and resources.
• DevOps and agile: AgileOps is an IT operating model designed for digital companies that comes with agile concepts to make agile working practises.
• Container Technology: Multiple microservices are usually combined in containers to form a full software feature. The container simplifies deployment in a variety of settings.
• Edge Services: It gives the Infrastructure and Operations teams a better understanding of the tools and facilities in use, as well as how they can be used in the future to achieve the best results.
• Automation: This will make it easier to spot more complex protection, functionality, and performance problems.
• Industrial DevOps: Scaling Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) solutions necessitates a DevOps team capable of managing increased software and hardware complexity in terms of functionality, capacity, and sustainability.
• Global DevOps Industry:
✔ Financial Sector
✔ Inventory management
✔ Devops CD/CI in Healthcare
✔ Salesforce devops
✔ Manufacturing Industry
In my point of view:
"DevOps is not about collective implementation of tools, rather it’s the mindset needed to be achieved"
Transformation of working culture, flexibility and an open mindset is required for building a nearly flawless smart business in all sectors Software, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Industries and controlling the work offline and online so the economy is not jeopardised during pandemic situations is possible.
Obtaining a clarity of product and accordingly adapting suitable maturity model to have a insight and proper management of product meeting the criteria of client.
Devops is a process to be followed with a believe, discipline and an optimistic team mindset leading to efficiency and progressiveness.
Please share your views by a like and comment on LinkedIN Article